First, this: We can’t say it enough, but The Thing was borne out of the best intentions possible. Believe it. Don’t believe it. Take it however you want. But it’s the truth. It might be the only truth some of us are sure of anymore, but it’s the truth. Could it be better? You betcha. But was it put together with absolute purity? That, it was. And we’re going to see it through. And it’s going to happen on Saturday.
Thus this post. Below are the schedules for each venue, just in case you were wondering. The card is subject to change (like they used to always say about professional wrestling pay-per-views), but this is as solid as it can be, five days out. Let’s go:
THE CELLAR DOOR (Noon – 4 p.m.)
Noon The Jazz Connection
1:30 p.m. Matthew Gillich’s Thought Collective
3 p.m. Jeff Cosgrove Trio
THE BLUE SIDE (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
1 p.m. Synergy
1:30 p.m. Rorschach
2 p.m. Radio Storm
2:30 p.m. A Step Forward
3 p.m. Peaches & Cream
4 p.m. Marzy Maddox
CAFE 611 (2 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
2 p.m. Poetic Endurance
2:20 p.m. J Berd
2:40 p.m. Brian Cassette
3 p.m. Al Bundy G.O.E.
3:20 p.m. Jase Kevion & T.A.G.M.G.
3:40 p.m. Suburb Thugs
4 p.m. Stitch Early
5 p.m. Retro/Ricole Barnes
OLDE TOWNE TAVERN (3 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
3 p.m. CassiRaye
4:15 p.m. The Milestones
5:45 p.m. Lost Keys
CAFE NOLA (3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
3:30 p.m. Austin & Olivia
GRAVEL & GRIND (4 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
4 p.m. Brent Renken
5 p.m. Super Lucky Elephant
6 p.m. Luna
7 p.m. Andrew Bromhal of Silent Old Mtns.
200 EAST (7 p.m. – 11 p.m.)
7:30 p.m. Outsideinside
8:30 p.m. Atomic Mosquitos
9:30 p.m. Old Indian
This is all Eastern Standard Time, of course. Just in case you were on the west coast and plan to send good vibes. Anyway, other things of note:
- This will be Old Indian’s farewell show, so come say goodbye to them. Love them. Miss them.
- Wristbands that get you into each venue all day, no matter what, forever and ever amen, are currently available on The Thing’s website. They cost $15, though if you wait until Saturday, the price ticks up to $20. Hey, it’s your life, man.
- Also on the wristband stuff: A purchase of one wristband gets you a free drink token to use at 200 East that night.
- If you don’t want a wristband, and you only want to see one show at one venue, the price is five bucks to get in the door.
- If you’re in the media and you want to check it out … well, hey. Let us know! We’ll hook it up. Email Colin McGuire.
- Willie & His Chaperones will be playing downtown and outside at their typical First Saturday music space during the late afternoon. So, that will be fun. Stop by and throw him a dollar or 20.
- Yes, this is all ages.
- If you want to get into only the Old Indian farewell show and you are above the age of 21, the price is $10, though that includes a free drink token as well. If you are below the age of 21, the price is $7.
And that’s about it. Or, well, hopefully, at least. If you have any questions whatsoever, check out our Facebook and Twitter pages and harass us. It’s supposed to be 85 degrees and sunny, so that’s nice. We’re just hoping we can all have a good time and we we’re just hoping that we can all come together to send Old Indian off in style. And that’s all we’re going to say about that.
So … see you Saturday?