Hey, have you checked out the first video edition of our brand new feature Frederick Playlist Presents … ? If you haven’t, you should, because featured is Frederick rock band Twin Radio, who were kind enough to come by the FNP offices and perform two acoustic songs. After they finished performing, I took Corey and Brandon aside to chat a little. Among the things we discussed:
– What went into their latest record, “The Coast Of Indigo,” which came out this year. There’s a pretty heavy-duty named attached to it, so you’ll probably want to listen to hear who it is.
– What the Frederick music community needs to work on in order to grow. And yes, I asked them to give me anything other than a proper venue to see live music.
– An incredibly scary tour story they endured a few months ago that involves flat tires, the city of Boston, an intersection and canceled tour dates.
– How they made a pretty great-looking video for their song “Still Burning” and how they managed to do it all on a budget.
– And, of course, what’s next for Twin Radio and “The Coast Of Indigo.”
There’s a whole bunch of great stuff in this episode friends, so you’ll want to at least give it a quick click while you’re cooking dinner or cleaning the house or driving somewhere far, far away. For more on the band, you can follow them on Twitter here, you can like them on Facebook here or you can check out their website here. The weather is getting cold, so you’ll need the warmth of some rock to heat you back up. Twin Radio are just the dudes to do it. And no, we wouldn’t lie to you!