We are ending the year on a high note, friends, as we are world-premiering three brand new recordings from one of Frederick’s best bands, Old Indian. They recently recorded their first-ever full-length, “Mumble,” and in this episode, you can hear three of the songs that will appear on it. In addition to those brand-spankin’-new tracks, we also discuss:
– What went into the recording of “Mumble.” They worked with the great Kenny Eaton, of Mystery Ton Studios, who, if you remember, was also a guest on a previous episode of this podcast. As you can imagine, they have a lot of nice things to say about him.
– How their drummer Evan cut off the top of his finger once. We’ll just let that sentence sit right there and back away from it.
– What differences lie between playing in Frederick and getting out on the road to tour. They have a pretty loyal following wherever they go, and we talk a little about how they earned the respect of their peers.
– Some of the best places for live music in Frederick. There are two venues in particular that they reference and they talk a little about the different crowds that always seem to show up at certain places.
– And, of course, how Old Indian came to be. They attribute their longevity to their willingness to never give up, but how far do they want to take the music thing? And would any of them want to be in a band full-time?
Remember: You’ll have to wait another month or two to get your hands on the record, but if nothing else, skip past me babbling and use this as an appetizer for what’s to come from Old Indian. Anyone who’s ever seen them perform know that these guys have grown into a pretty great band through the years – and they are certainly one of the more recognizable names to come from Frederick today – so you’ll want to check out what they have to say about pretty much everything. Plus, it’s the end of the year. What else do you have to do? Open presents?!?! Pshhhhh. Three new Old Indian tracks are the gifts that keep giving!
Follow them on Twitter here.
Like them on Facebook here.